Potato, Tofu and Green Onion Scramble
This recipe takes some time, but it’s a great breakfast meal for weekends on the Daniel Fast. You will need a blender or food processor; plus a baking dish.1/4 cup olive oil1 onion, finely chopped
4-5 green onions, chopped with the green and white parts separated
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium potatoes, shredded (or 2 cups of frozen shredded potatoes)
2 tsp. salt, divided
1/2 tsp. pepper, divided
2 lb. firm tofu
2-3 Tbsp. soy sauce, to taste
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and the white part of the green onions and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and heat for another 30 seconds.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the potatoes, 1 tsp. of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, flipping the potatoes regularly until they are well-browned.
- Blend the remaining salt and pepper, the tofu, and soy sauce in a food processor until they are creamy.
- Pour creamy mixture and the green part of the green onions over the fried potatoes and mix. Pour this mixture into a large, oiled pie or tart pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the center is firm. Allow the frittata to cool for 10 minutes then invert onto a serving plate.
Yield: 4 Servings